JOBS / HIRING / VOLUNTEERING, 3Below Theaters
JOBS / HIRING / VOLUNTEERING
3Below is always happy to accept hiring inquiries from enthusiastic, talented, dedicated people. With programming in three theaters and the lobby/cafe open six days a week, it is likely a job may be open or coming available soon in the following departments:
- Café (counter and cooks)
- Front of house
- Box Office
The team leaders in each of our departments are all willing to take on interns offering hands-on experience, exposure to real-world experiences in a chosen field of study, and a great time working with people who love their jobs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
3Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This Employer does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, handicap, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Contact us below to submit your inquiry for employment and/or internships.
Be a 3Below Volunteer
We will always welcome enthusiastic and friendly theatre-lovers to join our volunteer team. Individuals with a pleasant manner, enthusiasm, a willingness to follow instruction, and plenty of commitment are invited to serve as stewards to ensure audience comfort and support the tireless efforts of our staff to create great entertainment.
Volunteer stewards are asked to commit to at least two shifts per calendar month for at least six months. Shifts vary from afternoon, evening, and weekend and you are free to choose your own shifts. We provide front of house training and ongoing support.
Front of House Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Perform a vital role as the public face of 3Below during our movie screenings, performances, and events ensuring that our patrons have a positive, enjoyable and safe experience.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Check tickets and show patrons to their seats
- Hand out programs
- Sell merchandise
- Monitor the behavior of the audience during performances and screenings
- Clear and tidy the auditorium after the performance
- Ensure that all audience members comply with 3Below’s specific rules and regulations
- Deal with audience related inquiries and problems
- Understand and carry out the evacuation procedure if necessary
In return, volunteers receive the following perks:
- Watch our productions and events free when serving as an usher
- (1) free non-alcoholic beverage and (1) small popcorn plus 10% discount at the café/bar for other items
- Experience of working in the arts
- Network with arts professionals
- Make new friends
- A friendly supportive environment
- Learn new skills
- Give something back to your community
- Be part of our history
To be considered for a Volunteer Usher position, complete the application at the bottom of this page. We will contact you to set up an interview.
3Below's presenter of live theatre programming has regular auditions for their programs for AEA artists as well as pre-professional performers. Visit sanjoseplayhouse.org/auditions for details.